Monday, November 01, 2004

The Feast of All Saints

This morning I woke (a bit late) to a snow covered world. It had begun snowing last night, and not that weak, dry Denver snow that we usually get, but big, wet, flaky snow. The picture here is of the back yard. I always love the snow. It's so refreshing and clean, and there is nothing like the smell of fresh snow.

Anyway, for some reason, this fresh blanket of snow seems especially appropriate to me on the feast of All Saints. I'm not exactly sure why that is. Maybe the liturgical color of white. Maybe it reminds me of winters back in my grandparents' town of Haines, Ore., and the saints that are there.

In any case, I'm enjoying this morning, even if I'm not getting as much done during it as I should be. The end of the quarter is fast approaching, and with it, so are the due dates of several papers, quizzes, etc.

Adoption update: I might write a more detailed post on this later, but for now it looks like we're going to persue an international adoption through Lutheran Family Services of Colorado and Holt International Children's Services. Our choice of country, at least for the moment, is Guatemala. I'm excited!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Congratulations on the adoption choice! I'll call you soon to talk!

Brian

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home