Thursday, January 06, 2005

Back to the ordinary

My five-week break from Iliff is now over. I'm back in class. Trying to get back to being a student again. It actually fealt really good to get back to that first class.

I dropped a class this week. It's a little against my nature. It was Hebrew II, I didn't really enjoy Hebrew I very much. I just didn't really like the way that the professor was presenting it. I'll take it again somewhere else. I feel good about the decision, even though I had been really looking forward to learning Hebrew this year.

In its place I'm taking two classes. The first is called Religious Identity in Antiquity, dealing with interaction between Jewish and Christian communities during the first couple centuries CE. The other is called Women, Power, and Poverty, and is taught by one of the favorite professors from the Social Work School at neighboring University of Denver.

We just got PlayStation2 and have been playing Karioke Revolution quite a bit. It's quite a fun activity to do with a group of people. My favorite song so far is Meant to Live by Switchfoot.

I should say my evening prayers and go to bed. And should probably do some of this huge amount of reading that I have. Shalom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenell Williams Paris said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your adoption process has been delayed. May your hopes and dreams persevere despite this set-back.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Ann here. Wow, I'm in Religious Identity, too. It looks to be a blast. :)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home