Thursday, February 03, 2005

Denominational Crisis

Well, I'm thinking of becoming Episcopalian again. I had a feeling similar to this about this time last year. I really drawn to the high church worship style. I already pray the Daily Office as member of the Order of Saint Luke. I really like all of the ritual. When I close my eyes, that's where I imagine myself in ministry, behind the altar with all of the chanting and sitting and standing and kneeling. I'm starting to lose track of the reasons that I decided to stay Methodist last time around. I think mainly because of all the Methodist people I know and that I've always been Methodist. Just to be clear, I don't really have anything against the United Methodist Church, Methodists, or Methodism. I just think that I might be a better fit in the Epistcopal Church. Time will tell, I suppose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

We'd still like you if you were an Episcopalian! =) Would you still have to be itinerant? If not, I think you should become an Episcopalian and get a job in Portland, but that's just me.

What I've learned in our current pastoral situation is that it's best to follow your heart (sorry if that sounds cheesy) rather than wish you had later in life. You're still young and enormously talented - you'll succeed at whatever you do, but hopefully its what you want to be doing.

That's what law school is for me - I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering if I could have done it. At least now I've taken the first step and applied. We'll see what happens from there.

Claire turns 1 on Saturday! Can you believe it?

Brian

5:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Good luck deciding, David! I'd say follow your heart too! You'll have good and bad moments wherever you'll end up in life, but it's probably best if you can find out your options about switching programs sooner rather than later. I'm sure you knew that already. Maybe God will close a door for you so the answer will be clear!

Hey, how's the adoption process coming? Claire had fun destroying her little birthday cake on Saturday. I think Brian recorded most of it so hopefully he'll get a web link up soon.

Hang in there...

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home