Friday, April 15, 2005

Adoption Update: Home Study Report

We just met with our adoption case worker at Lutheran Family Services to go over our home study report before it is sent off to Holt International. I was surprised by how good it was. It was practically glowing. It was just nice to read through it and have it be so positive.

It looks like we'll be having a little bit of a delay before we move on the next step in the process. I've mentioned the biometrics before, but it looks like we're going to have to wait until the end of the summer to get them done, since our whole house needs to be tested, and so many of us will be out of town/state/country this summer. That's puts us in a bit of a holding pattern for a few months. Much has already been done, though, so I'm not too worried.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised it's a great report-- you are remarkably wonderful people! (I am of course taking your wife on trust, rather, but....)

I'm slightly surprised that you saw the home study report. We didn't. I'm glad, too. I even have to kick myself in the butt to get myself to look at my grades, and particularly at returned papers....

We have new pictures of Keon Ha, as our social worker and agency head were in Korea recently. I'll bring them to colloquium on Monday night.

Mary Ann

8:18 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

David - that's good news! Congratulations! Bummer about the wait, but I guess that's life.

6:13 PM  
Blogger david said...

I'm not much for looking at returned papers either, but I do like to check the grades at least. In this case, we had just spent so much time being evaluated and writing self-revealing essays, it was nice to finally get some positive feedback.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home