Saturday, February 25, 2006

Transfiguration



Today is The Festival of the Transfiguration. As I prayed the Office tonight, I found a bit of transfiguration myself. I've been struggling for several weeks (maybe even months) with keeping up my prayer discipline. I'm not exactly sure why. It seemed too repetative, maybe. Or perhaps I just didn't really want to have to face God.

But tonight, for whatever reason, I went ahead and did it. And I found the image of the transfiguration to be incredibly powerful. I'd read the story earlier this week, and it didn't do much for me. But this time it exploded. It's the whole idea of that resurrection power, that end-of-times joy, coming into the world -- somehow before its time. It's in the world before the world is ready for it. And it gives me great hope this evening. God's transforming power is on the loose in the world, and for those who have eyes to see it, it is absolutely dumbfounding.

1 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

thanks for this reminder about the Office. I will be sure to pray tonight. Thanks again.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home