Sunday, March 12, 2006

Papers... urrrrgggh

I don't want to write any more papers. I'm just sick of it. They seem so pointless. I so long for the old days of Blue Book tests. These papers just have so little to do with the classes. They only measure my ability to write papers and do research. They don't at all measure the class content, or really even my ability to use it effectively. Argh. It's just so lame. It's just a bunch of work with no purpose because profs are afraid of giving regular tests anymore. I guess it's not "best practice" to give tests anymore, but its so much less busy work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know the real irony? Papers are harder to grade too. It's kind of a lose-lose. Good luck, though!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tests don't tell profs how effectively you can use the information either just whether or not you can repeat it back. I'd write a paper any day over taking a test.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often like writing papers, because I get to do some of my own think on my own schedule. I've got to say, though, that it's hurting beaucoup this quarter. Working on ordination papers through January and having to play UM Survivor last week sure didn't help....

Mary Ann

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home