Monday, June 12, 2006

Well, most everything has happened since the last time I blogged. I graduated Iliff as a Master of Divinity on June 2nd. Then on June 7th, a was voted into probationary membership in the Oregon-Idaho Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church, giving me the right to vote as clergy. And on June 8th I was Commissioned by Bishop Robert Hoshibata, and made a reverand with full sacramental rights. On June 9th, I was appointed as pastor to First United Methodist Church of Coos Bay, effective July 1. Now I'm back in Denver, packing up things and preparing to move.

It's kind of a weird feeling. I've been waiting for all these things to come about, but I think none of it will really seem real until that first Sunday in Coos Bay. In the mean time, I've lost almost all track of the days of the week. I have no sort of regularity of schedule. I feel almost as though I exist outside of time. I'm hardly living; I'm simply moving.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David - I hope things settle down for you soon. But, congratulations on a couple of real accomplishments! You'll make a great pastor and I look forward to seeing you in your new church.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Mary Ann

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home