Monday, May 22, 2006

Last Paper

I just turned in the last paper of my Iliff career, and boy am I glad to be done. I suppose it probably won't be long before I start missing being in school, but right now I am so incredibly glad to be finishing. I'm a bit sick of school, and a bit sick of Iliff in general. Like I said, I imagine both of those feelings will fade in time.

It's pretty weird to be staring my first appointment square in the face. I honestly feel that I am prepared -- as prepared as I can be -- but I also know that I'm going to make a whole lot of mistakes. Coos Bay is about all I can think about, but I still have so little information that most of my thought is completely speculative. I am looking forward to it, and also a little bit scared.

So now we're venturing on the great task of packing up everything. We have a lot of books. So far, we have 27 boxes packed, and most of them are filled with books. And there are still books left. But books are the easy things, I guess. I'm sure there are other things that will be much more difficult.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - I know how good it feels to be done!

Brian's Top 10 List of your possessions that will be harder to pack than books (based on personal experience):
10. Framed art
9. Coffee mugs
8. Bicyles
7. Computers, printers & cables
6. CDs (music & otherwise)
5. Piano
4. Dishes
3. Assorted heavy furniture (except for the stuff I broke when I "helped" you pack for your move to Denver)
2. Ungodly heavy metal desk (green?)
1. Drums & other musical instruments

Good luck!

1:02 PM  
Blogger david said...

Fortunately, the ungodly heavy green metal desk is no longer with us.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a good thing. That thing probably weighed more than most of the cars Kia sells.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I'm kind of an atheist, but I was baptized catholic so I have a soft spot for it. :)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home