Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ash Wednesday

Started the day by setting up for Ash Wednesday at Calvary Baptist, where I'm an intern. Then went to Iliff to participate in Chapel there. It was in the Anglican Style, and I got to participate as a chalice bearer and an imposer of ashes. The Rev'd Dr. Richard Valantasis, whose my New Testament Prof and an Anglican Priest was to officiate. Unfortunately, he's very ill. So, we ended up with a bunch of Methodist and Presbyterian clergy trying to fill in along with us students who were assisting. We all did our best, but it was a bit rough. I was still glad to be participating in the role that I had. It was my first time imposing ashes. There something very solemn but at the same time, very connected about it.

Dr. Valantasis cancelled class this afternoon as well, so I think I'm going to actually take care of my body for once and go for a walk. I feel like I haven't even been outside in weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

We're going to our Ash Wednesday service tonight, for the first time in a couple of years. I'm apprehensive, and frankly would rather stay home, but that's life. I feel like Lent snuck up on me. I'm not ready. I need more time to prepare to prepare for Easter.

Maybe I should make some space in my life for the things that have been pushed out since I've changed jobs?

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It didn't look rough to me, FWIW. I think that your standards, particularly where your own performance is concerned, may be pretty strict!

Mary Ann

5:44 AM  
Blogger david said...

That much is certain

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home