Monday, March 21, 2005

Food for Life

I find it very interesting that Congress and the President have moved so quickly to ensure a feeding tube for Terri Schiavo while they seem to be doing next to nothing about the "36.3 million people, including 13 million children, in the United States [who don't] have access to enough food for an active healthy life". I'm not sure I understand how food for a single, brain damaged women is a right to life issue, while food for 13 million USAmerican children is a matter of personal choices. That kind of logic boggles my mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger gavin richardson said...

it's just another dog and pony show put on by congress, paid for by the taxpayers.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I think that the answer is that it isn't about "right to life" at all, rather than that there's genuine inconsistency.

M.A.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home