Friday, May 27, 2005

School's Out!!

I just turned in my last assignment today. It's done. I am off of school for three months. Yeah!! It's been a long Spring quarter.

Anyway, that means that I'll be heading out on my summer pilgrimage to Oregon soon. Next Tuesday, in fact. I've got my listening scheudle ready to go for the 20 hours of driving. I call it my Celtic Road Trip. I'm listening to an audiobook called Ireland by Frank Delaney. Then I'm interspacing that with Altan's Another Sky album, also new to me. Finally, if there is still time left, I'm closing up with House of Pain's self titled album.

So, I'll be heading out on Tuesday the 31st and staying with my friend Jon in Tooele, Utah. Then on to my grandma's in Haines, Oregon on the 1st. And finally to my parents' in Salem, Oregon on the 2nd. I'm looking forward to Brian and the fam and with Colby. And I have 5 preaching gigs lined up so far. Two at Salem First UMC, then McCabe/Dundee UMCs, West Salem UMC, and Englewood UMC. Should be a good time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenell Williams Paris said...

Congrats! Have a great trip!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Congratulations! That's cool that you've lined up some preaching gigs. I'm preaching next Sunday (June 5th). It should be interesting. Anyway, have a safe drive and we look forward to seeing you!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations! I'll miss you until autumn, though, and look forward to seeing you then. :)

Personally, I am completing a massive revision of a paper for Religious Identity in Antiquity today, and feeling quite faint. That's what I get for attacking a Nag Hammadi text....

Drive carefully, like Brian said!

Mary Ann

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home