Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My Theological Worldview

This was a pretty interesting quiz that I found over at Gavin's site. It says that as a Postmodern that I feel alienated from older forms of church. I don't. But I do agree with good chunks of the rest of it.

Emergent/Postmodern

89%

Roman Catholic

79%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

75%

Modern Liberal

71%

Classical Liberal

64%

Neo orthodox

46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

46%

Reformed Evangelical

29%

Fundamentalist

0%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

6 Comments:

Blogger gavin richardson said...

i look at it as i don't feel alienated. i've just had to reinvent them for myself.

3:34 PM  
Blogger david said...

That makes some sense. In my case, though, I still feel personally very connected to lots of the "old church" ritual, etc. I just understand that not all people do. And experience is still very, very important to me.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh. Gotta be something wrong here.... With my results, that is. :D

Mary Ann

1:28 PM  
Blogger david said...

What kind of results did you get.

2:01 PM  
Blogger John said...

Wow, 0% for fundamentalist! I think that that's the lowest in the Methodist blogosphere that I've encountered. My fundy rating was 64%

10:33 AM  
Blogger david said...

I was a little surprised at 0% too, but I think it's probably accurate. I'm not much of a fundamentalist. I take faith and the Bible very, very seriously, but almost never absolutely, not because I don't think it's reliable, but because I don't think it's intended to be seen absolutely and an absolute view seems to distort the message.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home