Friday, June 23, 2006

Humble Servant

I am truly feeling like a humble servant. i feel so unprepared to be a pastor. I guess that's how it's supposed to be. How could one possibly be prepared. I'm as ready as I can be, and yet, woefully unready.

I suppose it's not much different from most things done for the first time. Is a teacher really prepared for their first classroom? Is a supervisor really prepared to be "the boss" on day one? I imagine not.

So, feeling as unprepared as I do, I am deeply aware of the need for grace. And that in itself is a blessing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just a layperson, not a pastor (Praise God), but I have found that when I think I know the answers and feel confident (probably proud) I am due for a lesson in humility. When you become comfortable as a pastor and beging to feel prepared is really when you should beging to feel scared.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home