Friday, August 11, 2006

Over Exposure

So, I've been in Coos Bay for about a month and a half now. In that time, several things have happened. I've had an article written about me in the area newspaper, The World (the greatest piece of journalism ever assembled :-). I've had my broadcast several times on KDOCK radio 92.9, as I am now responsible for Faith Break, a 60-second inspirational spot that runs throughout the day. I've been on KCBY Television Channel 11 with Father Carl speaking about the meaning of the community Hiroshima remembrance that we helped lead. And now both the Conference and the District offices want me to write a newletter article talking about my experience doing Faith Break. I don't think I've ever gotten this much media attention in my life. And what's worse, I can't even enjoy it. The World mysteriously didn't come to our door the one day that I was featured, and I've never managed to catch either a radio or TV broadcast. But people keep telling me that they've seen or heard me in the media, so I must be out there. Anyway, it just kind of cracks me up a little bit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Next thing you know, they'll be properly calling you a Modern David indeed. Just keep the repentance up along with the song and the liturgy-- or better yet, avoid offing people's husbands....

I suspect that you are, and are going to be, a Big Attraction to your church. :)

Mary Ann

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home